Skilled Care Blog
- The Difference Between Skilled Nursing and a Skilled Nursing Facility
- The Rising Cost of Skilled Care: Alarming Statistics
- Asset Protection and Skilled Care
- Should I Consider Skilled Care?
- Know Your Home Care Options
- Does Having a Living Trust Automatically Protect My Assets from Health Care Costs?
- Understanding Nursing Home/Skilled Nursing Facility Costs
- Choosing a Nursing Home Facility
- Skilled Nursing Facilities and Convalescent Homes
- When Should I or a Loved One Consider a Nursing Home?
- Myths About Nursing Homes
- What You May Be Feeling as You Go Through the Process
- Stay Active and Healthy After Age 65
Category Archives: Skilled Nursing Facilities
By Marlo Sollitto Understanding the terminology used in the long-term skilled care nursing facility industry is an important first step in determining viable care options. When it comes to senior care, some are used interchangeably. Skilled nursing facility, nursing home, and … Continue reading
You may have concerns about being able to live at home after cancer treatment. Perhaps you have a temporary or permanent physical change or a broader need for assistance with health and personal care. If home health care is not … Continue reading
Nursing home costs are a big part of nursing home care and can vary widely depending on the state you live in. Average costs are around $70,000 per year so you need to know how you’re going to pay for … Continue reading
Finding a nursing home Finding the right nursing home is not easy, and you may be under pressure to move fast due to a recent hospitalization or deterioration in condition. The more information you have, the greater your chances of … Continue reading
As the population ages, more and more of us are faced with the prospect of moving either ourselves or an older family member into a nursing home. It may be a decision that arrives suddenly after a recent hospitalization … Continue reading
Whether you and your family are facing a quick decision about a nursing home due to a recent event, or have been coping with a worsening progressive disease such as Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s, considering a nursing home is not an … Continue reading
If I can’t take care of myself at home, a nursing home is the only option. Today, there are many options to help older adults to stay at home, ranging from help with shopping and laundry to caregiving and visiting … Continue reading
Moving is a stressful transition, even at the best of times, and moving to a nursing home brings with it a whole host of different emotions. If you are the one moving, you are leaving behind a familiar place and … Continue reading