Skilled Care Blog
- The Difference Between Skilled Nursing and a Skilled Nursing Facility
- The Rising Cost of Skilled Care: Alarming Statistics
- Asset Protection and Skilled Care
- Should I Consider Skilled Care?
- Know Your Home Care Options
- Does Having a Living Trust Automatically Protect My Assets from Health Care Costs?
- Understanding Nursing Home/Skilled Nursing Facility Costs
- Choosing a Nursing Home Facility
- Skilled Nursing Facilities and Convalescent Homes
- When Should I or a Loved One Consider a Nursing Home?
- Myths About Nursing Homes
- What You May Be Feeling as You Go Through the Process
- Stay Active and Healthy After Age 65
Category Archives: Asset Protection
For long-term care, Medicaid has become the entitlement program for middle and upper-middle class families to help pay for the cost of care. However, families must “spend down” their assets in order to qualify. But with careful planning, it’s possible … Continue reading
Living Trusts are a popular estate planning vehicle to avoid Court involvement and statutory probate costs in the administration of a decedent’s estate, large attorney’s fees and lengthy delays in the distribution of assets. However, it is a common misunderstanding … Continue reading